Thursday 22 February 2024

Production Blog - First Flop


  

Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to Media TL;DR the series where I break down my greatest projects so you can easily dive in and understand my original ideas. I'm your host Jaydon Smith! And Today's topic is the first flop.


Horrible Start

So we planned to start recording on Sunday 4th and it was... difficult. I was at Calvary early, as I usually am. And my partner Juan came a little bit later so it was about then we started setting things up. We got into the Black Box right away (the drama room we were allowed to work in) But minutes later, our first actor, Sarah Abreu, had arrived. But I don't personally know her, so we didn't really speak to each other besides our greetings. But we had to continue setting up, and that was the problem that Abreu later brought to us: They are here to act, not prepare.

Enter: The Seniors

So we were setting up after confirming out times with our lender, Mr. First Impression, and that's when I got a call from our next actor: Miss Huguet. Turns out I underestimated the size of my church. So she entered from behind the church, and got very lost. She was so lost our next actor, Miss Vettorazzi, had arrived, so Miss Huguet drove to her and picked her up, so they could be lost together. After about 15 minutes of communication, they finally made it to the main entrance. But to make all matters worse, it started pouring, heavily. But eventually we all got to the Black Box with an hour left.

Our Attempt to Act

So we got all our main actors (our last one comes later) and we started!... To prepare more, we were moving stuff while the actors were just on their phones. It was horrible, we were confused, and by the end, we never ended up acting. To the fault of Juan and I, Abreu gave us a well deserved talk-down, so we can do better next time. And I believe we did! But that's a story for another time.

That's All!

That's it for this Production Blog, everyone. I hope I made at least most of my descriptions and intentions clear. Thank you for reading! And until next time, stay cool and attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final CCR

    Greetings and Salutations! Welcome to Media TL;DR the series where I break down my greatest projects so you can easily dive in and under...